Friday, October 23, 2009

Idealess Cooking

During one of those days, when you just don't know what to put on the dinner table, you don't feel like eating out, the thought of delivery orders doesn't appeal to you, and your guilt of allowing the kids to enjoy the instant noodles is too much.... How about this?

Grilled Chicken and Prawns

Nasi Lemak, Sambal Tumis Udang plus fried anchovies and Cucumber.



For this meal, you just need to marinate the chicken in barbeque sauce (instant) and the prawns in butter, pepper and salt.
The rice, cooked incocunut milk, add some shallots, garlic and ginger plus 1-2 pandan leaves. Salt to taste. Anchovies, fried and cucumber sliced. Simple prawn in sambal. That's it!
Recipes available upon request....moi too lazy to type, as lazy as the cooking...hahaha!

7 comments:

wenn said...

i love nasi lemak..

Ydiana said...

Hi Wenn

So do I...at least once a week...lol!

Ebie said...

Very similar dish, the fried anchovies! I would use for the sauce a combo of vinegar salt and minced garlic with onions and tomatoes.

P.S. I take photography as a hobby, am not a pro. I have a cat too and I join once in a while COTS, but lately our cat does not like to be photographed and she's an indoor cat! Thank you for the visit!

Pam said...

This does sound good. I'm not sure of some of the ingredients (pandon leaves?) but I am going to try the rice in coconut milk, shallots,garlic and ginger w/o the leaves.
Your meals look so yummy. To bad you live so far away. I would like to have cooking lessons. : )

P.S. I used to hate being told I looked like my mom. As I got older I could see how much we did! lol

Ydiana said...

Hi Ebie

yes, there are various ways to cook the anchovies. Another favourite is just like yours, but add some soy sauce and without vinegar. Yummy!

Ydiana said...

Hey Pam

Haha...that's the easiest recipe, no need cooking class...lol! The pandan leaves, if you are near chinatown or any asian sundry shop, you might find it there. If not, try the one in essence, small bottle. We have it here, not sure in US. :)

Ellen Whyte said...

Looks nice!