Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Herbal Talkings


Hi there! Aauuuwww..is it getting too crowded for you? I think I have a solution. I should eat you up! Eeerr... I should harvest you and cook you up! Same thing....haha!

Ma cherie la tomato! You grew so fast, I didn't have time to set the trainer for you! That's why you bend to your likings. I will still do it for you, soon...hehehe!

Ho ho ho! You guys sure couldn't wait to grow up and stand tall, aren't you? Too late with the sticks, you're already all over the fence. Come give me some Brinjals, quick!

Aiyoo......and you! I thought were were supposed to be a row of Salad Lettuce....for my Garden Salad. But you turn out to be ..... another row of brinjals?


My Lady Fingers. You're another speedy gonzales, aren't you? You sprout in no time, and now you're ready to fruit.


Upclose pose of Ladyfinger. Why you blur up? Don't be too shy!


Hello Cucumbers! You finally decided to sprout out and see the world! For a moment, I thought you're really shy. But your previous friends almost sprung overnight...beautiful and flowering.... until that fateful day when Honeybun decided that it made a great leap fence but landed on it instead. Don't worry, I'll watch her next time. She's just too fond of chasing after the bees and flies away from me when I do gardening.


Moi Butterheads! You certainly take your own sweet time, huh!


Dearie, you have to decide, are you growing, or are you 'going'? Maybe I should take more effort to strengthen your bed, ya. I'll see if I can find some planks at the hardware store tomorrow, just for you, so that the soil won't slide down everytime it rains, ok. Mini landslide...? noooooo

Basil Beauties! Growing well, aren't you, with flowers and sprigs and germinates! You certainly keep me busy with Basil Tea, Beef Basil, Chicken Basil, Fish Basil......


Are you guys comfy there? Enough space for the four of you? You gotta make do ok? You guys are so precious and beneficial to upkeep, from diabetes, to gout, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, and migraine, you name it, you can help to ease. I just need to find out how.


Hello there, you crawly Mints! I know you like to crawl around, but I have to curl you up so you stay together ok. We'll leave some space for the others, right?


C'mon guys and gals. I know you can do it,.......faster! Is the soil way beneath you too hard? I'm sticking some bamboo's from the old oil lantern around you to protect you from the pouncing Honeybun, Minty or Oreo. Not to jail you up, k!


Wow, that's a whole lot of herbal talking. And, that's only halfway through. Now for the rest of the plants.....

10 comments:

cakapaje said...

Salam ydiana,

At this rate, you may one day have your own stall at a Pasar Tani somewhere :) Keep up with the conversation.

Ydiana said...

Salam Shah

Lol... I am actually more ambitious than that! How about a supermarket! Hee hee :)

Apa Kau Nak said...

I like that you are talking to them, they seem to talk back...err..grow. Very soon you could produce your own herbal products and MLM-it! ;)

Ydiana said...

Hi Intan

He he, if that really helps them to grow, I'll be talking to them more. And if I'm not too happy of their produce, I'll just give them a 'cold shoulder' and see if it works.

MLM it? Wow, now I need a research center, a production factory, DCA registration, etc. etc. Much tougher than the supermarket, ya! Ha ha!

Lee said...

Hi Ydiana, you certainly have a very nice garden, bet its the envy of everyone who sees it.
Wa...boleh buka kedai obat, ha ha.
Nice to see green plants when we outside ice and snow.
You have fun Ydiana, best regards, Lee.

Chahya said...

Hi.
I love your edible garden.
Serai tu tak nak bagi crowded, trim le daunnya. Jangan buang daun tu, potong halus2 letak dalam bekas jadi natural mosquito repellant :)
I tanam 4 angled beans kat rumah sebelah my house sebab it's vacant. So drp lalang yang penuh, might as well tanam something I could cook later hehehe...

jaflam said...

Hai Yadiana,
You certainly have a great yummy herbal garden. The plants all look healthy and happy. It must be your tender care and green hand.

Ydiana said...

Hi Lee

Hey, I really missed the snow too. White and blue and cooling breeze. But not the chily wind and the mufflers and the muddy sidewalks...hehe!

Have fun celebrating the year end festives there!

Ydiana said...

Hello Chahya

Really, you can cut off the serai? I will definitely try that. Get it a haircut..hahaha

Four angled bean? Ada gambar tak? Never seen or heard one before. Hehe, nampak no belum pro lagi..

Thanks for the tips :)

Ydiana said...

Hi DJ

Yes, I'm very proud of my green garden and ehem...green thumbs. Thought I never had it before.

My only regret is I wasn't allowed to have rambutans and durians and mangoes and bananas here. The only compromise is the papayas. Oh well!