I just love the world of internet!! LOL!
Recently I visited MamaFami's blog and discovered a new recipe that I've been mentally trying to cook, but never did until then. (Mentally here means thinking, thinking, imagining, thinking again, but no action taken...haha). She got this recipe from McKantin, and added a few tips here and there. I linked their web address on their names. The result, a Yummy Chicken Pie, a reality! Haha..!
Filling :1 packet minced chicken (I use Ramli's ~ 340gm)
1 can mushroom soup (I use campbell)
300 gm mixed vegetable
300 gm onions, diced
2 tablespoonful of butter
2 tablespoon plain flour mix with 1/2 cup water
salt & white pepper
Method :- Heat butter in a pan & saute diced onions till soft.
- Add mince chicken, stir to break the lumps and all the chicken turns white.
- Stir in the mixed vegetable.
- In another bowl, mix mushroom soup with one cup water, stir until smooth.
- Pour mushroom soup mixture into the chicken, add more water if necessary.
- Add in flour that has been mixed with water. This is to thicken the filling.
- Cook at slow fire.
- Add salt & white pepper to taste.
Line chicken pie dish with pastry (I used the instant pharata)
Spoon in enough filling, cover the top with another piece of pastry.
Bake @ 160 deg C for about 30 mins or until done.
You can visit MamaFami and McKantin blog here for more recipes.