I just read Mamafami's blog this morning and saw this mouth-watering sardine rolls. My favourite! And looking at the ingredients, check! All are available. Actually I just did a round of sardine rolls 2 weeks ago. But you can never have enough sardine rolls if you are a fan like me.
250 gm cold butter
500 gm flourA pinch of salt
Chilled water from the refrigerator
1. Rub butter and flour with a pinch of salt till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add in chilled water until a soft dough is formed.
3. Cover the dough with cling flim and keep in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
1 can of sardine in tomato sauce!
onion ~ diced
Red chillie ~ diced
Salt to taste
1. Mashed the sardines and mix with the diced ingredients.
2. Add in a bit of tomato sauce if you find it too dry.
3. Squeeze some calamansi juice.
TO PREPARE THE ROLL
1. Place a portion of the dough in between two plastic sheets.
2. Roll the dough thinly.
3. Cut to small squares.
4. Place the filling in the middle.
5. Roll it and arrange on the baking tray.
6. Egg wash the rolls. (Better use egg yolk. Mine looked pale)
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 4o minutes or till golden brown. (Mine takes about 20 minutes)
Well, over the last two weeks, I've been experimenting with some cookies with some repeats of success as well as not-so-successful attempts, gearing up for the next festive Raya season. Still a few more months to go, but I just need to 'practise' and ensure that the recipes are workable. If not, bulan puasa penat2 tak jadi...alahai! This year most of my cookies will be home-made. That's my last Raya resolution that I intended to keep. Haha...Seriously!
And here's my XXL Pizza!
Its the size of the width of the oven. In fact, it is the oven tray..lol!
As usual, my blurred result. I think I need a DSLR camera now! Haha!
And seriously, I don't have a clue what this DSLR camera is all about except it can take good close ups. Time for googling again! (And maybe do a DIY food studio I saw in one of the blogs food photography....oooohhhh, get real, Ydiana! Lol!)And there goes the cute colourful Sony camera that I've been eyeing, (can't decide if it should be red, pink, or green) small and slim and handy for the handbag...