Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Down the Memory Meow Lane


A few entries ago, when Anya and Kareltje awarded me with the World's Best Cat Mom award, my thoughts suddenly ran through all the cats that have touched my life, some of the happiest times in my life, some briefly, and some deeply. Suddenly I missed them all so much.
This morning, I managed to dig some old photos stored in the boxes (now on the shelf) from my college and university days, and hey presto! I found two of my favourite cats, Gumiaow and Titanic. Their brief story here.

Gumioaw.....the pretty lady!
Gumiaow, is named after a mandarin word that we learnt in class. "Gu" if I'm not mistaken is a word for 'cat' and 'miaow'......well, take a guess! She appeared at the doorstep one day, and we were taken to her almost at once and adopted her immediately. Loving and adorable baby.

Titanic!! Handsome hero!

Titanic, or 'Titan' in short and a real handful and playful fella. We picked him up among the siblings for adoption because he was the naughtiest looking and screams the loudest at 2 weeks old. We wanted to take 2 kittens, but the owner, probably known us as foreign students, only allowed us to take one. But we thanked him all the same. Wise guy...!

11 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Handsome cat fluffs! Thanks for reminding me about the cat mom thing. I got one too but forgot :-( will do write up next week.

Gattina said...

How sweet, and Titanic looks so much like Rosie. What happened to them ? Old age ?

Anya said...

What a LOVELY story,
It makes my day ^___^ good :)
Nice shots you let us see !!
Gratulations with your award,
you deserve it ;)
That shot from Titanic is so CUTE !!

Ydiana said...

Hi Katz

He sure is a fluffy good lookin', isn't he? Yeah, you need to receive your award. Have fun!

Ydiana said...

Hey Gattina

Yes, he does looks a lot like Rosie. Same tuxie black and white type. :) Unfortunately they don't live forever, or live as long as us humans...

Ydiana said...

Hello Anya

I will always remember them with fond memories..! They have been a part of my life at some point, and made me very very happy. Titanic is sure cute... :)

Luna und Luzie said...

Sweet stories, cute kitties!
I love it to remind to my former cats.
Each of it had her own story to tell.

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, how wonderful!

he is definitely a handsome titan!

Ydiana said...

Stefanie

Tell us your stories..! :)

Ydiana said...

Hi Obsidian Kitten

Why, thank you! You are not bad yourself...!

Ellen Whyte said...

Hi are you not COT-ing today???? Hello to the fluffies!